? ??????????????Modern Tinkerbell? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (2 Ratings)??3 Grabs Today. 3437 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Tinkerbell? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (274 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 26387 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????T BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Why ladies should not swear (Or anyone for that matter!)





When it comes to ladies it was always believed that the outward appearance alone does not determine who the woman is. Looking like a lady is not being one. During the 1800’s to 1900’s the way she also acted also determined a true lady. Most ladies in that century did not act like pampered brats. Ladies did not swear and were polite. We as woman often forget to check our attitudes and demeanour in the twenty-first century because “times have changed”. So why do we swear then? But, I feel not to swear should not only be applicable to woman, it should apply to men also.

I think most of the time the reason for us swearing is that by using a swear word at that moment it is the only word that truly fits the situation. Or it feels like it is a good way to demonstrate the gravity of a situation. It adds a bit of attention to sentences (Which in my case too much, that I am finding out now!)
Some people may think it is “authentically” showing a lack of vocabulary. What we say shouldn’t be words that might be offensive to others. We shouldn’t have to use vulgar language, just to get a point across! And of course there is the fact that if you are a Christian and a child of God, then you are a Temple of God. Therefore you should be careful of what not only goes in that Temple, but what also comes out of that Temple.

I know swearing is swearing no matter which word you use, but I feel that there is some swearing that could be more offensive than others. (Although my new friend do not agree on this!) One thing that I am absolutely against, and I can honestly say that I am NEVER guilty of this, is using the name of the Lord in vain. “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.” (Exd 20:7) A lot of people say it without even realizing it. In my opinion this kind of swearing is much worse and a bigger sin. But on the other hand I will also agree that any swearing is wrong. The word “swearing” appears 4 times in 4 different verses in the Bible. (King James Version). God warns us about it, so I guess it is better not to swear at all!

You will probably wonder why I suddenly wrote about this subject on our blog. Well….I wrote this because it was actually given to me as punishment. I did say a specific word to a friend online for the second time, and he decided that was one time too many. Swearing is not a habit of mine and I will definitely try to avoid it…especially from now on!

Tantrumgirl

3 comments:

The Wild ones said...

Nicely done girlfriend!!lol
seems like the two of us is starting this year with a bang, or should I rather say a OW!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was an excellent post Naomi. I hope by writing it you would have realised why it is not only wrong to swear, but very unlady like!!

William

Bulldog said...

Very good post Sis! Christians shouldn't use profane language as we are CONTINUOUSLY being observed/judge by non-believers who are considering becoming Christians themselves. When they see us doing things that we shouldn't it affects our ability to witness.

Powered by eSnips.com